Thursday 19 July 2018

Hot Hatch

 Women tend to give their cars names, as if they were pets, but men, when they get the car of their dreams treat it more like a mistress. I wrote this poem about a Vauxhall SRi, which at the time was a hot, hot motor. It was my favourite ever company car and the poem recalls the day it was delivered to me.


Hot Hatch


Car number C43 GND
You'll never know how happy you made me
You were made from metal
Cold-hearted, but beautiful
And you gave me everything a man could want
Amazing torque 
With the speed of a hawk.

You were waiting for me, 
Hanging around in the street
And when I first saw your body
So aerodynamic and sleek
In its gleaming metallic light blue
I instantly knew
That I was in love with you.

And when I came to pick you up
You had two wheels on the pavement
A raunchy, teasing angle
So I just couldn't wait
To grab your keys and penetrate  
Your lush interior space
Then drive you back to my place.


Copyright © Peter Wheeler 2016

All Rights Reserved.





This poem is included in my new collection of 65 poems entitled

'A Message to Father Time'





If you would like more information on how to get a download of my new collection on your PC/Laptop/Kindle, or obtain a paperback version, click here.








No comments:

Post a Comment