Tuesday 24 July 2018

Boombass Kid

You can hear them, before you see them. They only appear in the warm weather (otherwise they'd be deaf), when they can have all the car windows open just so that they can share their awful choice of music with you, at a zillion decibels. I wrote this poem as I think these types crave attention and need the safety of a car to avoid public outrage, imagine if they did it as pedestrians. However, I bear no real malice, we're all different in the way we behave to fulfil our human desires, so enjoy the poem and hopefully have a giggle.



Boombass Kid


It's all your fault!
When I walked down the street
You just wouldn't notice me
Even though I sported outrageously dyed hair
And dressed like a prat
You would not acknowledge that
I was posing assiduously there.
Being left with no choice, 
I was bound to try something more drastic
To make you realise I'm fantastic
So I bought an 'old banger'
With a throaty engine roar.

Then fitted a sound system so loud
That even a deaf person would be cowed.
Just what I needed
Now my presence has to be heeded
As I drive up and down
The High Street in my little market town
With the car windows fully wound down,
'Club' music blaring
And everyone staring
I've succeeded brilliantly
Because all I ever wanted
Was for someone to notice me.



Copyright © Peter Wheeler 2016


All Rights Reserved.







This poem is included in my new collection of 65 poems entitled

'A Message to Father Time'




If you would like more information on how to get a download of my new collection on your PC/Laptop/Kindle, or obtain a paperback version, click here.






No comments:

Post a Comment